Tuesday, April 19, 2016

What's Going On At the Gothic Embrace?

Well, not much obviously, and that's why I thought it high time that I at least make some type of appearance after more than a couple of months. Yes, I'm still alive and I can't believe that it's been over two months since my last post here.

So what's been going on? Well for starters, I had to drive out to the Northeast back in late February in order to take care of some family business. Without going too deeply into that situation, all I can say is that my overall visit turned into a nightmare of sorts; and not the type of nightmare we goth types tend to imagine. I've had a bit of trouble resolving some of the issues that have presented themselves while I was there and quite honestly, these issues have seriously occupied my thoughts. I don't always deal well with drama; especially, that of a family nature.

Before I was called away however, I'd been working on a short story that I was quite excited about. It's called The Caretaker. The piece is a ghost story that involves a cemetery caretaker's brush with the supernatural. A week or so after my return home, my head cleared out enough that I was able to continue work on the story. I'm happy to say that it is now finished and has been added to my collection, which when large enough, will provide the substance of my next book. Although there are some ideas floating around in my mind for a next story, I haven't yet been able to bring these ideas to fruition. They're just swirling around and going nowhere. Ah  yes, you've got to love the creative process.

I've also been at a total loss as to subject material for this blog. A fellow blogger made a very constructive suggestion, which I might use at a later date; but just like the short story ideas, I haven't been able to figure out just how I'd present the subject material. Quite frankly,  I've been so totally out of ideas that I've thought of simply saying goodbye to my readers and closing the blog. That might happen; I'm just not sure yet.

As for the local Goth scene, there really hasn't been anything going on. Yes, I did get invited to a drinking night at someone's house, but due to both my introverted nature and the fact that the event was set to take place in a neighboring city, I declined the offer. I'm just not comfortable with the idea of driving home late at night in an intoxicated state. I'll pass on the DUI. Thank you very much! Otherwise, there hasn't been anything happening here. World Goth Day will descend upon us next month, but nothing is planned for that day either. Surely someone will ask me why don't I organize anything, and I will respond by stating that I'm simply not an organizer.

So there you have it; my answer to the above title. There really hasn't been much going on here at all. Still, at least I've come up with a blog post!


 

10 comments:

  1. Glad you are back, and that you are okay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, App'y. It's always nice hearing from you.

      Delete
  2. I think many of your readers can relate regarding your introverted nature. Sometimes I have to force myself to go places because I become just too comfortable being at home alone. Driving in another part of town in the dark after drinking doesn't sound fun at all.

    Sorry about the family troubles :-/

    I enjoyed reading this post even if you don't think you have much to write about :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for understanding, Goth Gardener. I find your enjoying of this post reassuring.

      Delete
  3. NOOOOOO! Don't close down the blog, Nightwind. Even if it's months between posts, I'd really miss you if you went away. ♥

    I don't blame you for not wanting to drive at night, especially after a few drinks. On the rare occasion that we go out after dark and it's my turn to drive, I absolutely crawl home at 40 km/hr for fear of hitting a deer - or, worse still, a moose! Not much chance of getting a DUI out here and I imagine that's why everyone drinks and drives and thinks nothing of it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the encouragement, Insomniac! It's nice to feel appreciated.

    I'll probably keep the blog up, but I'm afraid that the posts might be few and far between. Between being out of ideas and major changes taking place in my life, keeping it up is likely going to be a challenge. We'll see!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Family drama is the worst, but I hope, it ended up good for you.
    And please, don´t close the blog. Even when you post only once in a while. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes family drama can be very difficult. And thank you for supporting my efforts with this blog, Chloe. I will probably keep it open thanks to your and some other people's support. It was nice hearing from you.

      Delete
  6. I third, fourth, and fifth the motion to keep your blog open! I enjoy reading it, however often you may (or may not) post. If you occasionally need to hibernate, that's fine; I do that as well, totally understand.

    So sorry that you are having family issues; I hope everything works out eventually, with as little drama as possible.

    And congrats on finishing your story! I was finally able to finish one the other day that I've been working on for months; I knew how it HAD to end, but I liked the main character too much! Funny how we get so caught up in our own imaginations...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know that you understand family problems, Lucretia; especially, when we're talking about aging parents. The drama only adds to the mix.

      I'm happy to hear that you finished another story, Lucretia. Sometimes I get quite emotional over the characters in my stories. So, I can totally relate. Thanks for supporting my blogging efforts.

      Delete