Wednesday, July 10, 2013

A Short Post

My, how time flies! It's already been ten days since my last post here, so I thought I'd better get something up, even if this is going to be a short entry.  

One of the reasons for my delay has to do with the photos that I place here. Over time, I've come to realize that some of the so-called free photos and graphics that are easily found on the net might not be as free and without owners as the websites they are found on might lead one to believe. That being the case, I've embarked on a search for good Gothic art at places such as Deviant Art
with the hope that I can secure permission from some of the creators of good graphics to use on this blog--with attribution of course. I've started compiling a list of folks that I will be contacting, but I'd like to build a lengthy roster so that I can feature a variety of artists. 
 
My other project involves starting another blog from which I will offer some of my short stories for reading at a minimal price. The work has begun on this and thanks to the assistance of The Insomniac and a very photogenic Goth couple from Portugal, I now have a very attractive header for the top of the page. Still, I have technical uncertainties concerning some aspects of what I what I want to do with this project, so things are proceeding somewhat slowly. I'm hoping to have it up and running before too long however, and I'll let you all know when I'm ready to launch.
This coming Saturday night Voltaire will be performing here. It looks like he'll be performing in the lounge area of the venue instead of on the big stage. This means that the show should be up close and intimate. I should have the full story as well as a photo or two for you all some time next week. 

5 comments:

  1. I was wondering where you'd got to! :-) Good luck with your new project.

    And I can hardly wait to hear all about Voltaire's concert!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm excited to hear about Voltaire, too! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish more people online were as ethical as you are. I used to contact artists when I first started blogging. Now I tend to just assign appropriate credit to any artwork I post and add links back to the artist/photographer. I post a lot of artwork on my LGH FB page, and I've had a number of artists contact me and thank me for promoting them by giving proper attribution. It drives me mad to see the number of people who use artist's work on social media sites without crediting the artist. At best it's laziness, at worst it's theft.

    I recently came across a person who took the frame artwork I use throughout my blog (which is my original artwork), removed my text and added their own, then to add insult to injury, put their name and copyright symbol on it. *sigh*

    Best of luck with getting your short story blog up and running! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have long provided links to any photo source I have used; even if the artist was unknown to me. But I have noticed that most creators at places like Deviant Art and elsewhere require permission or attribution as a requirement for using their work. Some of these folks create beautiful works of art. Getting their consent and linking to their galleries is the least I can do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck on getting your short stories blog up and running :3 I also can't wait to hear about the Voltaire concert ^^

    ReplyDelete