Sunday, June 23, 2019

A Day of Reckoning

Those who visit this blog might remember that back in February, as a participant in Holly Strange's Vampire's Day Soiree, I wrote a segment of a story I'd been working on. I got some good feedback on the piece, so I'm happy to report that A Day of Reckoning is now finished and is available for reading. Here are a few more details for those who are visiting here for the first time, and for those who would like their memory refreshed.

A young woman awakes suddenly during the night. She arises and looks around the dark room. Something doesn't seem right, but she can't place the source of her discomfort. She glances behind her; and, much to her horror, discovers the source of her discomfort. Lying on the bed is her own dead body. Two puncture wounds on her neck reveal the horrible truth. She had fallen victim to a blood drinker, and now her earthly life was over.

"Vampire or not," she tells herself, "he's going to pay for what he's done to me." She sets out to do just that.

So begins my latest novelette entitled, "A Day of Reckoning." It is now available exclusively on Kindle, and you can find it by clicking here.

I know that I often keep you all waiting when I contribute to the Vampire's Day Soiree, but at least I try to follow through on my promises. Thanks for being here!



2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on publishing your work! What was the process of writing and publishing like for you? I've been working on a project, and I'd love to publish it when it's "finished." It's currently 35 pages, but I need to finish the draft and then do a re-write.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, OddGhoulOut!

      First, thank you on the congratulations! As for the writing, I'm a very undisciplined writer. I generally start with an idea, and then go on auto pilot. I don't follow an outline or formula although those are often recommended. This particular story began as a piece of flash fiction. The inspiration kept coming, however, and it ended up as a novelette.

      I have a couple of other books published. They are both in print and electronic formats (including Kindle). Since these contained more stories the formatting was more difficult. Also, I used a professional to help me with some of the formatting. I found the process more complicated with those.

      this was my first experience using only Kindle, and once I picked up on the learning curve, I found it quite easy. Again, it was just one story without chapters, so that made the process easier. And of course, I self-published.

      I hope I've answered your questions. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete