Thursday, March 21, 2013

Darkness Resurrected

You may recall that back in December I posted here about a Neo-Victorian event that I attended. In that particular entry
I expressed my hope that the get together signified a new beginning for Goth gatherings. Well, today I'm happy to report that a new event is looming on the horizon and I'm totally excited.

Darkness Resurrected is being promoted as "the current dark dance night for Fayetteville, Arkansas Goth, Industrial, EBM" and "Darkwave." It's set to take place on Saturday, May 23, which is still two months away, but the excitement is already building. If I'm not mistaken, this will be the first local event that will be truly Goth in at least three years. Even better for me is the fact that the venue hosting the gathering is less than a ten-minute walk from where I live. Excellent!

The promoter has also queried interested folks on Facebook about bands they would like to see coming here. Of course, the first group that came to my mind was Demona Mortiss, which is actually more of a metal band. Still, they're Goths who play metal and there are some industrial influences in their music as well. Even if it's not my band pick that gets invited here, the promoter's question to us tells me that more interesting gatherings may be coming up.

To say that I'm jazzed about all of this would be an understatement; and I'm hoping that lots of folks will show up for this resurrection of dark dance nights.

     

4 comments:

  1. How exciting! And even better that it's on a Saturday night. All the goth/EBM/industrial stuff around here is inevitably on a weeknight, like Monday. Not cool for those of us who have to be at work the next day at 8am!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keeping my fingers crossed that Demona Mortiss gets invited to play, Nightwind! And only ten minutes away from your place - how awesome is that! Hopefully, the two months won't seem like forever ... :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. The event is convenient indeed, being on a Saturday night and only a few minutes from home. It doesn't get much better than that.

    I'd love to see Demona Mortiss come; but considering that their music is more along the lines of metal, I kind of doubt it. I'll keep my fingers crossed though, and even if they don't come to a Goth event, maybe they'll come and perform on a future metal night. It will work for me either way. I'm not picky.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is Durandal, the aforementioned promoter. I want this to be an every other month event, so if the first night turns out to be a good enough success, the bar will let me host future events. We're needing 70+ people to show (and drink to make the bar happy), and with that kind of turnout, I can expect that we will have repeat bookings.

    The local goth scene has languished, and after some time of waiting for someone to pick up the infernal flame, seeing that nobody else was, I decided to do so. Of course, the side benefit of doing such a thing is I can exert control over what bands get booked.

    After I've proven myself to the bar in ability to get people in there drinking, I'll be able to venture into more niche events such as goth rock/punk/metal.

    I hope to meet you all if/when you make it!

    ~Durandal

    ReplyDelete