Sunday, October 16, 2011

Inspiration

I find it hard to believe that several months have passed by since I removed my short stories from this blog. During the interim, I added nothing here; although I have continued work on my short fiction and believe it or not, am currently working on a story that could very well fit the description of novelette. That's something I have not been able to attain up until this point since I have considered myself a short-story writer without the staying power to write a novel. Still, writing a novelette is a step in the right direction and I'm very please with the way in which my new creation is unfolding. We'll see how it goes. So where does the theme of inspiration fit in to all of this? Actually, it has come to me in two forms.

This past June I joined a local tea society, which is in reality, a new group that holds monthly meetings in order to support and inspire we creative types. Originally, I got involved with hopes of meeting up with some of the Gothic members of my community, and I can't say that I'm disappointed in that respect. Still, as a group we're getting more focused and are inspiring one another toward greater achievement. Yesterday, we discussed the fact that next month will be National Novel Writing Month, or NaNoWriMo.  While some group members may attempt to write an entire novel during November, others committed to doing something creative each day of the month. Although I committed myself to neither, I did think of this long-neglected blog and mentioned that I might pay more attention to it. While November is still a little over two weeks away, my other source of inspiration made an update here a little more immediate.

Just today, I became a follower of a popular blog known as the Ultimate Goth Guide, which is maintained by a young lady named Amy, who presents a wealth of information to her readers on all things Goth. I highly recommend visiting her site. Still, after becoming a follower I didn't want people visiting her site to discover mine only to come here and find nothing. That said, between the two motivations I have finally added something here and now that I've broken the ice, maybe I'll stay inspired enough to at least post here from time to time; after all, there's plenty to talk about.


Photo source: Gothic Pictures Gallery. Artist unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment