Saturday, February 12, 2022

A Tribute to Holly

She calls herself a "curator of curiosities," and if you go to her blog you'll see that it is indeed "a collection of creepy curiosities." Holly B. Strange has been presenting her readers and followers with her unique taste in creepy curiosities for quite a few years now, and it has always been a pleasure to go to her website to see just what she is featuring this time around. 

I have personally enjoyed her special event, which has taken place every Valentine's Day. The Vampire's Day Soiree, which celebrated its tenth anniversary last February, has given participants a chance to post all things vampire on their own blogs, while remaining connected to hers. Thus, readers were able to skip from site to site with ease to see what material others had created. 

 For me, the  Vampire's Day Soiree offered a chance to present some of my vampire fiction, as I am inclined to write such material. As I mentioned above, last year was the event's tenth anniversary. Still, I noticed that participation was down last year, and I almost took it as an omen; this, even though I understood that blogging, or at least the blogs I'd been following over the years, seem to be dwindling in numbers. 

Last year, Holly's posts stopped coming. The last addition to her blog occurred early in August. Then, there was nothing. This wasn't like her and I began wondering what was going on with her. Then, and somewhere along the way, I learned that she had taken ill. Since that time information about both Holly's whereabouts and state of health have been sketchy at best. It seems, then, that there will be no Vampire's Day Soiree this coming Valentine's Day, and no blog posts appear to be forthcoming. One can only hope that Miss Holly, as I like to call her, is recovering from whatever ails her. 

So then, today's post serves as a tribute to Holly. It comes with gratitude for all of her efforts and good works. It also comes with a shout out to her. Get well soon, Miss Holly! We miss you!

 Visit Holly's Horrorland 

4 comments:

  1. Yes indeed, we miss you so much Miss Holly! Love and prayers from your sweet sis here, dear. Take care babes, hope to talk soon! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. The link is not working ;-(. I hope it's just a random malfunction, and that she will come back soon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linea-Marie, I just tried the link, and it's working fine for me. Try going to hollyshorrorland dot blogspot dot com, or just hollyshorrorland dot com. Good luck!

      Delete
    2. My apologies for mispelling your name, linnea-marie!

      Delete